Hi John,
Yes,  I have a lot of experience with the Hdi scanners, both the fixed
calibration and adjustable ones.  They are great for archaeological
material/bones (I've literally scanned thousands,  as have my colleagues at
Cambridge,  Bradford and TBI in Kenya)  and I've had good success with
scanning articulated skeletons too.
They're actually made by LMI technologies,  who are Canada based.

I'm more than happy to send through samples as well, if anyone needs.  I'm
in the process of sorting out a gallery got my website as well.

All the best,
Tom O'Mahoney
Faculty of Life Sciences
University of Manchester