Hello everyone,
I'm a MSci student new to morphometrics and this group. I'm studying
morphological integration in squamate crania and one of the things I'd like to
do is an Evolutionary PCA of all my species, accounting for phylogeny and
allometry.

I think I do this correctly but in the PCA results the PCs are not ranked by
proportion of variance e.g. PC5 has greater % variance that PCs 3 & 4. Is this
normal?

To conduct the evolutionary PCA I created independant contrasts of all my shape
data, regressed centroid size on shape and conducted PCA on the residuals.
After this I applied the resultant PC scores to another PCA of my original data.

Would anyone kindly confirm if this is the right way to do it?

Many thanks,

Alex Marshall
MSci Student
University College London