From: Discussion amongst academic Medical Physics in the UK
[mailto:medical-physics-engineer...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Simon Choppin
Sent: 01 July 2015 17:37
To: medical-physics-engineer...@jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject: Funded PhD Scholarship in 3D shape analysis (Sheffield Hallam
University)

We are seeking applications for a funded PhD position with the Centre for
Sports Engineering Research.

The purpose of the PhD is to explore the use of a low-cost 3D scanning system
in sport and health applications, specifically:

- Shape and muscle analysis in elite sport for talent ID and training
- Body analysis in assessment of obesity and weight loss.
- Identifying volume changes and swelling in the female chest after breast
cancer treatment

Our PhD student will investigate, assess and develop these methods, exploring
novel ways of measuring and visualising human body shape.

We would like applications from strong candidates with an engineering/computing
background and experience in programming. For more information about this
opportunity and information on how to apply please visit our advert on find a
PhD: http://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=64307&LID=3217

My details and application information is available at this link.

Regards,

Dr Simon Choppin
Research Fellow
Sheffield Hallam University

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff
in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information
with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
accessed anywhere