Jim,

I just installed the 32-bit version of tpsSmall 1.33 on an older machine
with Windows XP.

The program itself works quite well, but I detected the following problems
in the installation: instead of installing in a folder below the "tps"
folder in Program Files (as not only the older versions did, but also the
newer versions of other tps software, like tpsDig) is creates its folder
*outside* that folder, directly under Program Files. Also, the installation
creates a program group in the Start menu, containing options only to
access the help file and the Uninstall procedure, without a link to the
executable (therefore, I could run it only by looking for the executable in
the Program Files folder).

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

> I have just uploaded ver. 1.33 of tpsSmall. As before, there are 32 and 64
> bit versions. The installations are now setup so that one can, if one
> wishes, install both versions on the same computer. However, for most users
> there is no real point to install 32 & 64 bit versions on the same computer
> but handy for those who wish to test software and find problems that they
> can report back to me.
>

> Note: the file names have been changed slightly so it is important that
> the old version be uninstalled. I am using a new program to generate
> install files and I expect it to do a better job of uninstalling. Note also
> that the 64 bit version does require a 64 bit version of Windows.
>

> tpsSmall is the simplest program in the tps series so I have uploaded it
> first. I am now using a more automatic method for building both versions
> and their installation files.  If no installation problems are reported
> then I will be uploading similar updates to most of the rest of the tps
> programs.
>

> For users, this is an optional update as there are no important changes in
> the computations performed by the software.
>
> ----------------------
>
> F. James Rohlf, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Dept. of Ecol. & Evol.
>
> Research Professor, Dept. of Anthropology
>
> Stony Brook University 11794-4364
>
> The much revised 4th editions of Biometry and Statistical Tables are now
> available:
>
> http://www.whfreeman.com/Catalog/product/biometry-fourthedition-sokal
>

> http://www.whfreeman.com/Catalog/product/statisticaltables-fourthedition-rohlf
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email
>

> --
> MORPHMET may be accessed via its webpage at http://www.morphometrics.org

Dr. Mauro J. Cavalcanti
E-mail: mauro...@gmail.com