I am using the function placePatch in Morpho: placePatch(atlas, dat.array,
path, prefix = NULL, fileext = ".ply", ray = TRUE, inflate = NULL, tol =
inflate, relax.patch = TRUE, keep.fix = NULL, rhotol = NULL, silent =
FALSE, mc.cores = 1). I already created the atlas using createAtlas, and I
checked using plotAtlas and it looks fine.

In placePatch, in path, I am supposed to specify the directory where the
surface meshes of the sample are stored. Does this mean that I have to
specify the folder where all the 3D images are? In that case, must they be
in a specific format? Ascii PLY maybe?

I tried specifying the folder where my images are, but it didn't work (I
obtained a pxkxn array with only missing values -NAs-). May this occur
because my images are Binary PLY?

Thanks in advance!