Dear Edgar,

Semilandmarks should be slid during Procrustes superimposition; treating
them as fixed landmarks will only add error into your analyses. Therefore
the answer is simply a) use software that supports semilandmark sliding.
Your options are great. And when it comes to deciding whether to minimise
for bending energy or Procrustes distance, I suggest reading Gunz &
Mitteroecker 2013 here
<http://www.italian-journal-of-mammalogy.it/article/view/6292>. For GPA and
further analyses, I suggest using the TPS suite and MorphoJ, or geomorph if
you are confident with script-based analyses.

Emma

Emma Sherratt, PhD.

Postdoctoral Researcher in the Keogh Lab
<http://biology-assets.anu.edu.au/hosted_sites/Scott/>
Division of Evolution, Ecology & Genetics
Research School of Biology
116 Daley Road
The Australian National University
Acton, ACT  2601