Dear Morphmet community,
I am doing a study on allometry where besides landmark data I have linear
measurements. Basically, I need to know what would be the currently most
proper way of removing size effects without removing allometric effects in
linear data. Something like the equivalent of what a GPA does.
I am using now log-shape ratios, which is basically computing the geometric
mean (used as size, which is the product of all the variables divided by
the number of variables) for of all measurements for each specimen and then
dividing each measurement by this geometric mean (size) and logging each
measurement (taken from Claude 2013, Hystrix; based on Mosimman 1970).
Seems to do the job, but was wandering what are the general thoughts on
this or if there is a better way...
Thank you very much!
Damien Esquerre