Back in the days when phenetic clustering was new, at one point someone
(Sokal, Rohlf, someone like that) suggested that their field be called
"taxometrics".  Someone else pointed out that the more proper Greek name
would be "taximetrics".  Someone else then killed off this suggestion by
pointing out that that was too easy for that to be mistaken for the study
of taxi meters.

Joe
----
Joe Felsenstein         j...@gs.washington.edu