Dear All,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to trace a quotation that a now long
retired colleague of mine used to use. He doesn't remember where he got it from
but it is very apt, and since it relates to animal shape I'm hoping someone on
this mailing list will recognise it (particularly since I'm probably not
remembering it quite properly and google is being unhelpful). The quote as best
I remember it is:

"Give me 4 parameters and I can build you an elephant. Give me 5 and I can make
it wag its tail."

I've always imagined it was something that a 1930s developmental biologist or
mathematician would have said when discussing the utility of developmental
models at the time.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Bill
--
Bill Sellers, Tel: 01612751719, Mobile: 07857655786,
http://www.animalsimulation.org