Hi all,

I am working on a project examining shape variation in the pelvis. I used
IDAV Landmark to place four curves of five semilandmarks each (as well as
several fixed landmarks) along the major contours of the pelvis. I plan on
doing the analysis in R, but I am unsure what my options are for
semilandmarks sliding along curves. I am particularly concerned that the
semilandmarks will slide along their tangents and off the bone when using
sliding protocols that do not include the 3D mesh itself.

Is this something I should be worried about? Has anyone else had success
using sliding semilandmarks along curves?

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Lawrence