If you mean Morpheus et al., this program does not do any manual data
collection. I have tried for years to get a scicomp student interested in
writing such a module, but to no avail. I have written several digitizing
programs over the decades - providing graphical feedback and interfacing to
digitizing hardware, but cannot find the time to do this myself.

I don't need to collect data that often but for 2D data, I use tpsDig by
Rohlf. For 3D data from meshes, I use Meshlab. That has worked sufficiently
in the past, but not always as advertised on the Mac. Others have used
Landmark Editor. I think the old version is free, but unsupported, while
the new version Stratovan Checkpoint may be a commercial offering -
https://www.stratovan.com/blog/landmark-editor

Others can chime in with their favorite data collection modality.

-ds