Hi folks/Andrea,

just to underline this:

Andrea,when you say

"an 'apparent size variable' which is a series of numbers virtually equal
to 1 (differences will be approximation errors)."
I think that MorphoJ "reads" the actual CS values from the aligned
coordinates saved by TPSrelw that, as you say, have lost their original
size. However, small deviations from 1 are not due to approximation error
as I *suspect* that the "aligned coordinates" saved by TPSrelw are those
projected on the tangent plane (by an orthogonal [more commonly used] or
stereographic projection) and for this reason they have necesarily a CS
larger than 1 that is the radius of the hyperspherical Kendall's Shape
Space. In order to reach the tangent plane from the sphere one necessarily
must go beyond its radius (that geometrically *IS* the size of a
configuration lying on that space) and the CS will be inevitably larger
than 1.
An indirect proof for this would be to verify that what you call
"approximation error" gives CS values always slightly larger than 1 and
never smaller.
So I think there is no error in having, for those data, CS
slightly different (=larger) from 1 as they MUST have CS larger than 1 by
construction.
However,I'm not sure at 100% if TPSrelw works as I hypothesized here..
Playing a bit with TPSrelw could unveil this.
All the best
Paolo