Hi folks,
I write to signal you this new pub that was just published:

VaranoV., Piras P., Teresi L., Gabriele S., Dryden I.L., Nardinocchi P.,
Evangelista A., Torromeo C., Puddu P.E. 2017. A Threefold Deformation
Decomposition in Shape Analysis for Medical Imaging: Spherical, Deviatoric
and Non Affine Components. In: J.M.R.S. Tavares and R.M. Natal Jorge
(eds.), VipIMAGE 2017, Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and
Biomechanics 27, Springer International Publishing AG 2018, 1125-1134. doi:
10.1007/978-3-319-68195-5 124

In this paper we face the problem of the decomposition of deformation in
its three components and we propose also a new metric inherited from Varano
et al 2017 [Varano V.,  Gabriele S., Teresi L., Dryden I., Puddu P.E.,
Torromeo C., *Piras P.* (2017). The TPS Direct Transport: A New Method for
Transporting Deformations in the Size-and-Shape Space. *International
Journal of Computer Vision*. doi:10.1007/s11263-017-1031-9].
We also propose a rationale to quantify the contribution of the three
components, in absolute and relative terms, to the total deformation.
The application to a soft tissue deformation (left ventricle) shows its
usefulness.

Thanks for your attention
Paolo