Good morning, Callie and Terrie.

I agree with your settings suggestions, Terrie.

Also, the supplied powder with the NextEngine is (or at least with mine,
was) pretty basic and inadequate. I ran experiments with titanium dioxide,
bentonite power, foot powder spray, and chemical whiting. My sample
included 2 obsidian flakes. The easiest was the foot spray.

As far as a reference object, i recommend something with plane geometry, a
matte surface and a coloration near to your objects. Something along the
line of a die (dice), a Lego brick, or a small 3D print sample.

Meshlab software is helpful, as is CloudCompare. You should check them out.

Best,

Mary-Margaret