Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me solve the error I keep getting while
using R. I am using the vegan package in R to do a Procrustes Rotation of
Two Configurations and PROTEST but I continue to
get an error message after the line highlighted in yellow which says
"Error: attempt to apply non-function". I have just started using R and
this might be a very simple fix but I can't seem to figure out
what the error message means or how to fix it. If I try to run all of the
coding below the yellow highlighted lines I also get the same error.

This is the code I'm using:

X <- read.csv("a.csv", header=FALSE)

Y <- read.csv("10497.csv", header=FALSE)

require(vegan)

procrustes(X, Y, scale = TRUE, symmetric = FALSE, scores = "sites",)

## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

summary(X, digits = getOption("digits"),)

 ## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

plot (X) (X, kind=1, choices=c(1,2), to.target = TRUE, type = "p",
len=0.05, cex = 0.7,)

## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

points (Y) (X, display = c("target", "rotated"), choices = c(1,2), truemean
= FALSE)

## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

text(X, display = c("target", "rotated"), choices = c(1,2), labels,
truemean = FALSE)

## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

lines(X, type = c("segments", "arrows"), choices = c(1, 2), truemean =
FALSE)

 ## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

residuals(object)

 ## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

fitted(object, truemean = TRUE,)

## S3 method for class 'procrustes'

predict(object, newdata, truemean = TRUE,)

protest(X, Y, scores = "sites", permutations = how(nperm = 999))

Thanks,

Callie Diduck