Hi,

I am wondering if any one can help me. I have been running a Procrustes
Rotation of Two Configurations and PROTEST using the vegan package in R.
The Procrustes seem to be working but I am having an issue with the results
of the PROTEST and the correlation values.

I am getting identical p values every time I run the script. I have a
sample size of 20 projectile points and every time I run the statistics my
p value is
equal to 0.00009999. I ran a test and I compared a circle to one of my
projectile points and I still got a p value of 0.00009999.

Here are the results for the test of the projectile point compared to a
circle:

Procrustes sum of squares:

1.817e+04

Call:

protest(X = p730, Y = pTest, permutations = 10000)

Procrustes Sum of Squares (m12 squared):        0.06296

Correlation in a symmetric Procrustes rotation: 0.968

Significance:  9.999e-05

Permutation: free

Number of permutations: 10000

If anyone has any idea of why this could be happening or how to fix it that
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Callie Diduck