From: f.james.rohlf [mailto:f.james.ro...@stonybrook.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:59 AM
To: Tina Klenovšek
Subject: Re: [MORPHMET] digitizing very variable leaves

An assumption of the usual GMM methods is that shape variation is "small". I
think these leaves exceed this quite a bit! Another problem is landmarks. How
to match leaves with and without lobes?

F. James Rohlf, Distinguished Prof. Emeritus
Dept. Anthropology and Ecology & Evolution
Stonybrook University