Dear All,
        Greetings! I am going to start a project which deals with studying
morphological variability between bivalves belonging to Donacidae and
Mactridae. The morphological variability would mainly focus on shell shape,
internal structures, palial sinus, etc. I already have shortlisted the
species I am going to use, but I am confused as to which is a better method
for studying the variability- using photographs or scans of the specimens.
The approach would be quite traditional- assigning landmark points, and
further analysis, etc. All kinds of suggestions are welcome. Thanks!