Andrea,

At 07:54 AM 10/5/2004, you Dr. Andrea Cardini wrote:
>Dear morphometricians,
>could you please let me know if there is any reference on 3D geometric
>morphometrics of postcranial bones?

Tom Kepple (NIH) and I digitized landmarks from
lower extremities of 52 skeletons of contemporary
humans at the Smithsonian National Museum
of Natural History as described in:

Kepple, T.M., H.J. Sommer, K. Lohmann-Siegel, and S.J Stanhope.  1998.
A Three-Dimensional Musculoskeletal Database for the Lower Extremities.
J. Biomechanics  31(1):77-80.

We used 12-parameter Procrustes methods to accumulate
normative models of the foot, tibia/fibula, femur and pelvis for
four general populations (white female N=13, white male N=13,
black female N=13, black male N=13) spanning the respective
5th to 95th percentiles of stature.

I can provide further details or data if you are interested.

Best wishes,
Joe Sommer

H.J. Sommer III, Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University
337 Leonhard Building, University Park, PA 16802
(814)863-8997   FAX (814)865-9693
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.me.psu.edu/sommer/
==
Replies will be sent to list.