The reason you want to keep your mini lesson, mini, is that brain research
shows kids are attentive for about 10-15 min. to really take in what you are
saying.  Then they need a "reset" -something active.  I often think of the
Charlie Brown adult voices.  Am I starting to sound like wa wa wa wa
waaaaaaaa to the kids?

I read the book ahead of time so they have heard the story and revisit the
part I need for the lesson -unless you are working on predicting!

Jan
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your
grandmother.
-Albert Einstein
"*If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed.*" Albert Einstein