I attended an excellent session at NCTE concerning critical literacy. The
presenters, from Columbia University, used a term that was new to me...media
transformation. Does anyone have any knowledge of this term in respect to
critical literacy? I believe the presenter used the term to explain how a
struggling reader can prepare for writing by using oral language. In the same
way a student can use visual props to rehearse for an oral presentation. Mena

Philomena Marinaccio-Eckel, Ph.D.
Florida Atlantic University
Dept. of Teaching and Learning
College of Education