Hello!

We are moving slowly through the Moses MT preparation task. We came to the
Language model Training. We are following the Moses Baseline.

The language model (LM) is used to ensure fluent output, so it is built
with the target language (i.e English in this case). The IRSTLM
documentation gives a full explanation of the command-line options, but the
following will build an appropriate 3-gram language model, removing
singletons, smoothing with improved Kneser-Ney, and adding sentence
boundary symbols:

 mkdir ~/lm
 cd ~/lm
 ~/irstlm/bin/add-start-end.sh                 \
   < ~/corpus/news-commentary-v8.fr-en.true.en \
   > news-commentary-v8.fr-en.sb.en
 export IRSTLM=$HOME/irstlm; ~/irstlm/bin/build-lm.sh \
   -i news-commentary-v8.fr-en.sb.en                  \
   -t ./tmp  -p -s improved-kneser-ney -o news-commentary-v8.fr-en.lm.en
 ~/irstlm/bin/compile-lm --text news-commentary-v8.fr-en.lm.en.gz \
   news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.en

First four commands were executed successfuly. The last one failed.
Here is the result after entering the following command line:

zzz@zzz-laptop:~/lm$ ~/moses/irstlm/bin/compile-lm --text
news-commentary-v8.fr-en.lm.en.gz news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.en

inpfile: news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.en
dub: 10000000
Failed to open news-commentary-v8.fr-en.arpa.en!
zzz@zzz-laptop:~/lm$

Where we made a mistake? I see the xxx.arpa.en listed as input file.
Shouldn't be the xxx.arpa.en file an output file?

Best regards!

Janez Kadivec

Call
Send SMS