Hi Selva,

Moses is language-independent, so you can use it for any language pair as
long as you have a parallel corpus. That said, you may have to do language
specific pre and post-processing. For instance,

- Moses does not have tokenizers for Tamil.
- Tamil is agglutinative, so you may want to segment the words to reduce
data sparsity as an additional pre-processing step.

You can the Indic NLP library fo some some simple tokenization as well as
segment the text ( http://anoopkunchukuttan.github.io/indic_nlp_library ).

Since English and Tamil have different word order, you should try syntax
based models (which is implemented in the  Moses package). Another option
way is to pre-order the English sentence to the Tamil word order before
training a phrase based system. You can use this for pre-ordering:
http://www.cfilt.iitb.ac.in/~moses/download/cfilt_preorder/register.html

Regards,
Anoop.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Selva Nalladurai <selva...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Team,
>                    I am Selva Nalladurai, doing my ME(masters of
> engineering) CSE and am from India. I m doing my research in SMT and would
> like to know whether Moses can be used for translating English to Tamil ( a
> regional language spoken in our country), can i follow the same steps as
> other languages translation for upolading my corpus.
>                                        Thankyou.
>
>                                                Regards,
>                                                Selva Nalladurai

I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow
mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors
and to retrace my steps.

http://flightsofthought.blogspot.com