I spent all yesterday birding the north shore. I was particularly looking
for the Iceland Gull in Two Harbors. As I was driving up I found a few rafts
of Red-breasted Mergansers on the lake. When I arrived in Knife River I
noticed a few Gulls flying around, so I went down to the marina. There out
by the island were 150+ gulls. In among them were 2 adult Glaucous Gulls and
the Iceland Gull.
Later in Two Harbors I located the Harlequin Duck in Burlington Bay with
some Goldeneyes.
Ben Fritchman
Long Prairie