I arrived at Pt. Douglas at about 2PM today and the SLATY-BACKED GULL
was still there along with a handful of Herring Gulls.  By 2:30 the
gulls were all gone.  There was very little open water left and it is
crowded with Canada Geese, Common Goldeneyes and Mallards.  I'm guessing
it will all be frozen by tomorrow.
I also checked out the longspur locations posted by Linda Sparling and
found a couple hundred LAPLAND LONGSPURS along Neal Avenue(Co. Rd. 71)
from 60th St. to just south of 70th St.(Co. Rd. 20) in southern
Washington County.  I did not find any along 100th St. west of Lehigh.
Bob Williams, Bloomington