Monday 6/12 at about 7 p.m. there was an adult  Little
Blue Heron along I-94 S in the pond in the exit right
before 494 splits off. Yes, I was going 65 mph, but
the light was perfect, the bird is distinctive, I've
seen hundreds of them in other states, and it was a
very clear view.  Large, all dark heron, no white,
grey bill, reddish purple head, neck and chest, dark
blue back and belly.

I was hoping to get back for a better view, but I've
been stuck with doing my Mom's %^&*((^% taxes.

Richard Carlson
Full time birder and Rotarian
Par-time Economist
Native Minnesotan Temporarily absent since 1960
Lake Tahe CA & Tucson, AZ
rcc...@pacbell.net