I have finally finished uploading some gull photos from the last few weeks here
in Duluth. All birds were photographed at Canal Park or the Superior Entry. To
see the images, visit http://www.pbase.com/karlbardon. It has been an excellent
season for gulls here in Duluth. My total estimate of individuals for the more
unusual
species include the following:

Iceland Gull: two first-cycles and three adults (two of the adults positively
identified only after analysis of wing pattern from photos- compared to
Thayer's Gulls)
Thayer's Gull: at least nine adults (based on photographed differences in wing
pattern, see photos), one fourth-cycle, two third-cycles, three second-cycles,
and an estimate of 8-10 first-cycles.
Great Black-backed Gull: at least five, including four first-cycles and one
fourth-cycle; three individuls were seen together several times, a record count
for MN
Glaucous Gull: minimum of twelve first-cycle, three second-cyle, and two
adults, with fifteen individuals seen at one time

Karl Bardon