From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:mou-...@lists.umn.edu] On Behalf Of Gail
Wieberdink
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 12:05 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] shorebird ID question

We stopped at the 180th St. marsh yesterday and there was just a single
shorebird.  However, there is a question about what it actually is!
(several different opinions so far)  We watched the bird for 5 to 10 minutes
and during that period it did not move at all other than once it turned its
head so it was alive;-)

Take a look at see what you think.  If you click on the right hand photo on
the photostream, there is a tighter crop although it really doesn't show
much additional detail.  I would be most interested to hear what others
think this bird might be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gailw/3808170642//

Thanks!

Gail Wieberdink