This morning at 7:00, along Minnehaha Creek east of Lake Hiawatha, a red-headed
woodpecker flew toward me, passed right in front of me, and flew off into the
neighborhood near E 46th St & 32nd Ave S.

The red head and solid black and white wings were clearly visible. It did not
call.

I've never seen a red-head in this area before, although there have been recent
sightings from Bloomington and St. Paul.

I haven't posted other observations lately because it's mostly been the same
migrants others have posted. This morning was slow for warbler-diversity and
numbers along Minnehaha Creek, but thick with Swainson's warblers, least
flycatchers, and Tennessee warblers.

Best recent sighting was a male blackburnian warbler Deb Diko and I saw a
couple of mornings ago in the drizzle. It fed and sang from low in a green ash
for over 30 minutes.

Diana Doyle
S. Minneapolis