A telephone wire can also take a COHA.  Maybe that's what happened and some
lucky predator came along and took advantage. Did you find any feathers
nearby?

One fall morning years back I found a ruffed grouse just outside of Hibbing
MN that had just been beheaded by a car antenna.  It was grouse season so I
took it home for supper...

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
----
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and
beauty of the biotic community" - Aldo Leopold

“There has been a tremendous renaissance in nature study in recent years; it
has been called a form of escapism, and perhaps it is in a way, but not an
escape from reality; but rather, a return to reality; a flight from unreal
things.” - Roger Tory Peterson
----