I took a quick run down to Kaposia landing tonight to see if I could verify
Brian Wisconsin's sightings.

Amongst the usual suspects, I found

*American White Pelican*  - 2 snoozing. One raised it's gangly head enough
to verify it's beak indeed could hold more than it's Bellycan

*Great Blue Heron *- I might have a better scope or be luckier. I found no
less than *SIX *of them tonight!

Also seen was a Wild Turkey on the bank and a Pileated Woodpecker flying
over (Dakota County side)

Thank you Brian for your timely post! It's hard to get there before sundown
on weekdays this time of year!

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
----
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and
Nature shall not be broken. -* Leo Tolstoy*

A well governed appetite is the greater part of liberty. - *Lucius Annaeus
Seneca*