Walking with my pooches in Hagemeister Pond which is at 6427 41st Avenue North
in Crystal, we found some pretty cool birds in this small neighborhood
preserve. Highlights were 2 new neighborhood birds: Golden-crowned Kinglet near
gazebo and a very cooperative Winter Wren at east end of floating boardwalk. My
e-bird report follows.

Looking up,
Alex Cruz
Hennepin Co (this week)

Hagemeister Pond Preserve Park, Hennepin, US-MN
Oct 14, 2012 4:00 PM - 5:05 PM
22 species

Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)  22
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)  1
Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus)  1     Circled over headed south.
Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus)  2
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)  1
Hairy Woodpecker (Picoides villosus)  1
Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus pileatus)  1
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  2
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  3
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  4
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis)  2
Winter Wren (Troglodytes hiemalis)  1     New neighborhood bird. Out in open at
times at east end of floating boardwalk. Fantastic looks!
Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa)  2     New neighborhood bird. Near
gazebo on north side of park.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)  1
Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus)  1
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  5
Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum)  10
Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca)  2
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  20
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)  2
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)  2
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  1

Sent from my iPad