Celebrated the end of our string of warm days with a late afternoon
kayak trip down the Mississippi River from the Coon Rapids Dam to 694.
Probably no surprise to those who know the area but I saw four mature
BALD EAGLES.  One flew by me, two were roosting by their island nests
but the best was one standing on a rock just sticking out just above the
water level at the rapids below the U of M-owned island across from the
Izaak Walton League property.   I was surprised at the absence of
migrating duck's - I saw just mallards and Canadian geese.

Keith Carlson
Roseville, MN
keithec...@usfamily.net