In addition to the three Wilson's Snipes that I reported in Wild River State
Park on February 7th, today I found 7 additional snipes in the Park.

Deer Creek is another open-water, spring fed stream that flows into the St.
Croix River in Wild River State Park.  Today, I snow-shoed the length of Deer
Creek and found 7 Wilson's Snipes.  The habitat is very similar to Spring Creek
(the location of the original 3 - which are still at that location).  Deer
Creek is a little larger and longer, about a mile downstream from Spring Creek.
 In summary, there are at least 10 snipes in the Park today (from both
locations).  There was also a Belted Kingfisher rattling at the trail bridge
over Deer Creek.

Photos from today at
http://web.stcloudstate.edu/rjstenseng/Photos/WISNLanding.jpg
http://web.stcloudstate.edu/rjstenseng/Photos/WISNWalking.jpg

Wild River State Park is located north of Taylors Falls, Minnesota, on the St.
Croix River.
Rubin Stenseng, Wild River State Park Volunteer