The last two rain days have given me time off from Hawk Ridge to sort jaeger
photos taken at Wisconsin Point. It has been an amazing fall for jaegers, with
five Parasitics showing up on the early date of 13 August, and I have been able
to see multiple jaegers every subsequent trip through at least 15 September. By
comparing photos, I have been able to determine that at least 14 Parasitic
Jaegers have been seen: 3 juveniles, 1 second-cycle and 10 third-cycles. All
have been light morph except two intermediate juveniles (only one of which was
photographed) and 1 dark third-cycle. I have not photographed any confirmed
adults this fall. Amazingly, some of these individuals are still present and
have stayed here for over a month! Two adult Long-tailed Jaegers have also been
seen (30 August and 4 September). Although most of the jaeger action occurs on
Wisconsin Point near lot 1 where thousands of gulls loaf after feeding at the
adjacent Wisconsin landfill,
 there have been many sightings of Parasitics from Park Point as well.
Photographs of these birds can be seen at
http://www.pbase.com/karlbardon/jaegers.

Karl Bardon
Duluth, MN