Hi All--

Erika and I have seen more Cooper's Hawks than usual this summer. Recent
sightings include two widely separated birds last Friday along the bike
trail along the Minnehaha Creek bike trail between Lake Nakomis and Lake
Harriet in Minneapolis.

On Saturday we found a large female Cooper's Hawk at the U of M Landscape
Arboretum in Carver Co.  I posted photos of that bird on my blog this
morning (http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com). *Birds of North America*
reports increases of this hawk in Michigan and Wisconsin of 10 percent or
more in recent Breeding Bird Surveys.

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet...Beware of all enterprises that
require new clothes ....”—H. D. Thoreau