Rice Lake ice went from 20% open on 3/20 to 80% open today.  A coterie of
birds and one coyote were feasting on the results from the recent drawdown:
 frozen fish.  I counted 55 Bald Eagles, Ring-billed gulls, Crows on the
ice or nearby trees Friday, mostly in the SW corner of the lake best
observed from the picnic point. Today that ice is out except along the
edges where the eagles were lined up for easy counting. The eastern end was
still mostly ice and I found additional eagles for a total of approximately
60 to 70.  A good variety of waterfowl are also present on the lake.

Ken Vail
Owatonna