After the Mays of 2013 and 2014, May 2015 has been rather unexceptional.
Warbler variety on a day to day basis was pretty good, but migrant counts each
of those days was generally  unimpressive.  There were no significant fallouts,
and migrants were typically quite scattered and not in large groups.  Migrant
vireo numbers were poor and migrant thrush numbers were not high closer to what
I expected before the spring of 2013.  Continuing with the theme, migrant
flycatcher numbers were unimpressive as well.  After the very poor fall 2014
season for Lincoln's, White-crowned, and Harris's Sparrow this spring wasn't
much better.  I even turned up significantly fewer White-throated Sparrow
compared to the past few springs.  The most unusual birds this month were a
Loggerhead Shrike on May 22 at Rapids Lake MVNWR and a White-faced Ibis on May
26 at the Chevalle neighborhood wetlands.

Warbler species seen each day followed by cumulative migrant warbler counts
May 6
13
May 7
20
May 8
20
May 9
18
May 10
16
May 12
16
May 13
17
May 15
17
May 16
20
May 17
16
May 20
16
May 21
15
May 22
12
May 23
14
May 24
13
May 29
5

Ovenbird 21
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
Northern Waterthrush 22
Golden-winged Warbler 23
Black-and-white Warbler 22
Tennessee Warbler 183
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Nashville Warbler 75
Connecticut Warbler 1
Mourning Warbler 4
Cape May Warbler 2
Northern Parula 8
Magnolia Warbler 39
Bay-breasted Warbler 1
Blackburnian Warbler 11
Chestnut-sided Warbler 28
Blackpoll Warbler 24
Palm Warbler 39
Pine Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 122(includes April counts, following up a relatively poor
fall last year with a relatively poor spring for this species)
Black-throated Green Warbler 12
Canada Warbler 8
Wilson's Warbler 29
Numbers of summer resident warbler(Blue-winged, Prothonotary, Yellowthroat,
Redstart, Cerulean, and Yellow) seemed relatively normal

John Cyrus