The MOU has been holding its paper session at the Bell Museum since 1954. As you probably know the current Bell is closing on December 31, 2016. A new Bell Museum of Natural History and Planetarium is under construction on the St. Paul Campus of the U of M and is scheduled to open in the Summer of 2018.

So the December 3 Paper Session will be the last one at the current Bell Museum. I have been asked to give a presentation about "The History and Relationships between the Bell Museum and the MOU". I will be drawing on almost 60 years of visiting the Bell, serving as a volunteer and currently on the Bell Advisory Board. I was on the MOU Board for 20 years, including as serving as President and was chair of the Paper Session program for several years. I have seen many examples of that relationship.

However there is much more history than I know so I am seeking help from you as your have also been a part of that history and relationship. I would appreciate hearing about your experience and your stories. I would like to draw on the experience of many MOU members as I organize my presentation.

Please send your stories, observations and perspectives to me by November 7.

Contact me if you have questions or wish to talk.

Thank you for your assistance.

Manley Olson 651-644-2848