Yesterday, here at the opulent Stivland ranch in sunny Plymouth, I flushed a
raptor perched on my deck rail.  Unfortunately, I was not paying attention as I
slid past the window and it flew off.  At first I thought it was my resident
crow but as it flew away down the pond, the last thing I saw was a large dark
bird with a prominent white rump patch.  I got a good look at the patch but not
much else.  If it is a Harrier, it is a first yard bird here.  I have not
researched other possible, white-rump patched species.  If anyone knows of any,
please let me know.  Thanks,

Sid Stivland
Plymouth, MN