Over the lunch hour, I ran out to Albany – spent about an hour scoping the rock
riprap along the pond margins, but had no luck.

I’m not sure how much this means.  Around here right now there’s a stiff wind
out of the NW (varying from 15 to 25 mph), which makes longer-distance scope
viewing difficult, so if the bird was on the opposite side of the big lagoon
from me I could have easily missed it, what with my scope bouncing around in
the breeze.  Also, the Albany sewage-pond complex has two ponds that you can’t
see from the road, so if the bird decided to spend some time at one of those
ponds....

Phil Chu
Department of Biology
St. John’s University
Collegeville, MN 56321

On 9/5/17, 10:52 AM, "Minnesota Birds on behalf of Steven & Cynthia Broste"