There was a possible Swainson's Hawk on the protective sound barrier on the
east side of Hwy 52, between 70th and 80th Streets. I was driving south/east
and thought it was going to be a Red-tail Hawk, but it had a clearly defined
rusty throat/upper chest and white belly (no belly band). What made me do a
double-take was that it was atop the sound barrier, not in one of the trees or
light poles. With the weather being what it was this morning (around 9:30), I
did not turn around for another look. Plus, I was bringing home my son who had
just arrived after an 18-hour bus ride from Georgia.

Molly Miller

Inver Grove Ht

Dakota Co