Today will go down as one of my most memorable spring days.  I was at Rapids
Lake for 6.5 hours this morning and I needed all that time.   If the river
trail was not flooded and impassable at either end still,  I would have needed
at least an additional 3-4 hours to adequately cover the area.   I covered on
and off trail areas south of Rapids Lake and on and off trail areas west of
Rapids Lake.    For the morning I saw 23 warbler species, 5 flycatcher species,
3 vireo species, 6 thrush species(including Bluebird and Robin), and 13 sparrow
species.    My first of spring Scarlet Tanagers had also arrived this morning.
  A lot of warbler numbers for varying species were very high for me this early
in May.    The best warbler of the morning were the 2 Cerulean Warbler, the
first I've seen in Carver County since 2015. The only warbler species that I
have already seen this year but not today were Louisiana Waterthrush and Cape
May Warbler(seen earlier this week at Carver Park).  Any others that I did not
see today, I have not yet seen this year.      For detailed counts and notes
you can check the MOU database or Ebird.

John Cyrus