For the sake of completion, I do know one of the parties involved with this
sighting and I do have an update.
He’s a private man, and the viewing space for this bird was much to small to
allow for visitors, so he was not making this bird available to the public.
Given the rarity of the bird and the smallness of the space, I think that was
probably the best decision.
All of this is moot however because the bird was only seen briefly on the day
of the 5th, and not seen at all the day of the 6th, so the bird is likely gone.
Or maybe it’s hanging out in Myre-Big Island State Park just waiting to be
found ;)
He did photograph a very interesting hybrid Blue-winged/Golden-winged Warbler
yesterday however. It looks like a female Lawrence’s Warbler or some other
backcross hybrid. Fun stuff in his backyard!

That’s all for now,

Best,
Alex Sundvall

Currently of Duluth, MN