My wife called me to the window, "What are these diving ducks? There were
about a half dozen Mallards close to shore, but further out were two more
diving. Mallards don't dive with ease and grace of the true divers, but
this pair was diving under for quite awhile, although measured in seconds,
rather than minutes. "Could these be related to the family we had a few
years ago?" A few years a go we had a hen and 9 young, 8 of which seemed to
prefer to feed while diving, which we observed many times as we watched
them grow.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net