This morning we walked south from the dam to the flooded section of trail just upstream from the Hwy. 610 bridge.  Waterfowl were almost absent (except geese & mallards), but there were a few other birds worth noting.

Bald Eagle - 2 on the new nest across from Coon Creek; no activity at the nest just below the dam Osprey - 1 on the nest platform on the west side; as we drove to the dam we also saw 2 on the light tower nest in Al Flynn Park Great Blue Heron - 8 birds at the 4-nest rookery!  2 of the nests had pairs and we saw nest-building at both; 2 nests each had a single heron; 2 herons were not at nests
Common Loon - 1 on Cenaiko Lake
D-C Cormorants - ~10 perched on an island, others in flight, 1 on Cenaiko L.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 5
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 1
Eastern Phoebe - saw 3 investigating nest sites under overhangs of 2 structures
Tree Swallows - about a dozen feeding over the river
Brown-headed Cowbirds - saw our first 2 females of the year, closely attended by 3 males

Stay safe.
---Ron & Maureen Refsnider