A big number of migrating swifts and giant flock of dragonflies.
I saw this 2010 report in my inbox when looking for some older email. (Reprise
of the CHSW chain of a couple months ago.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of
jtanama...@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:34 AM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Swifts, Nighthawks, Dragonflies: Lauderdale MN 08/31/10

Yesterday evening we observed a mini-migration spectacle from our home in
Lauderdale. First we saw and heard approx. 200 Chimney Swifts circling over our
house. As we looked closer with binoculars, we could see many dragonflies
(sorry, we don't know what kind--Green Darners?) moving amongst the swifts.
Next came several flights of Common Nighthawks, totaling perhaps 60. Most of
the birds moved on after 20 minutes or so but the dragonfly horde grew larger
and lower until at any given moment you could easily see dozens streaming
quickly past on a southbound wind. The flight tapered off around dark. We
watched them go past for approx. 45 minutes. We have no idea how many thousands
streamed by but it was quite a sight to see.

Jeanne & Steve Tanamachi

Lauderdale MN (near the State Fair grounds)