John Hockema, Kimberly Emerson, and I found two Marbled Godwits on Rice Lake in
Anoka County.  We parked at the first lot on Aqua Lane (east of Lake Drive),
right after the bridge, then walked south on the grassy trail and cut down to
the lake’s edge at the Rice Creek Snowmobile Club Trail sign.  We could see the
godwits from there, but they were very, very distant, so we walked clockwise
along the edge of the lake until we were closer.  Rubber knee boots are a good
idea.  We also saw Pecs, Leasts, Stilt Sandpipers, and Lesser Yellowlegs around
the lake.  Scope needed.

Erik Collins
Hugo, MN