Mike Oliver wrote:

> After closing a SSL blocking socket and preparing to shutdown, I call:
>
>  NSS_Shutdown();
>  PR_Cleanup();
>
> PR_Cleanup, however, never returns. Any thoughts? Running on Win2K.

It would be nice to use the debugger to see where PR_Cleanup
is waiting.  I suspect that it is waiting for all the "user"
threads to terminate.

Because of NSPR's past as the underpinnings of Netscape's
port of Sun JVM, NSPR has the notion of "user threads" and
"system threads".  This is the first argument to PR_CreateThread.

If you call PR_Cleanup(), it will wait until all the
threads created as PR_USER_THREAD have terminated.

Wan-Teh