While there is plenty of built-in CAs giving free certs away for email I don't know of any doing this for code signing, I can't see how you can enforce this (for mozilla plug-ins) without either having the code signed by a person other then the person writing the code, or people loosing interest in making add-ons for mozilla...

Well it seems there are two options:

1. finding good solutions to securing extensions now
2. finding good solutions to securing extensions after some major exploit has tarnished the credibility of Mozilla based browsers

--pete

www.mozdevgroup.com
Mozilla Software Development Solutions